Most people don’t realize how many toxic chemicals are in today’s household cleaners. Those chemicals are bad for you and the environment! Here are some environmentally friendly alternatives that the planet and your body will thank you for using:
- Vinegar and water is a great alternative to Windex. It is also a natural disinfectant and deodorizer, you can use it as a general all purpose cleaner that is safe for pets and children.
- ½ a cup of baking soda added to your regular laundry detergent helps keep your whites crisp and bright
- cut a lemon wedge in half and dip it in Borax Powder. Use this to scrub soap scum from your shower walls
- cut up old bedsheets or stained towels to use as cleaning rags
- Don’t like the idea of more laundry Many companies now make paper towels out of recycled, non-bleach alternatives.